Monday, November 23, 2009

Reverie

Terie came over to watch jennifer's body with me today but I haven't uploaded the photos, so another day!


Let me introduce to all of you some of Claude Debussy's works in this entry. He was a french composer who worked with impressionistic music, and his works were the transition from the Romantic period to the Modern period.


My (ex) piano teacher was the person to introduce Debussy to me and this was the song that made me fall so deeply in love with his compositions when she showed me the score. Been my favourite composer ever since.

Don't say.. that was nearly two years ago :(


Debussy - Reverie

Impressionistic, dreamy, free for interpretation and expression.. there's nothing more to say, its so beautiful isn't it?



.. then I watched All about lily-chouchou (this japanese movie yh recommended me then) filled with debussy pieces. Arabesque no.1 kept playing in my mind then so I decided to learn the piece. Stopped having lessons by then so I don't suppose its perfect. Besides, I've already forgotten alot of the notes. D:


Debussy - Arabesque no. 1

I do believe this piece is quite well-known too. & what a talented young man!


Debussy - Arabesque no. 1

(an audo version of it)




Of course, there's the famous...


Debussy - Clair de lune
(that's a good performance man)

My mom used to buy these classical CDs for me when I was young, and this song was under.. okay I forgot which. Anyway I've always loved this song without knowing it was by Debussy! Rather, I didn't really know who he was then. Sounds familiar?




Lastly, there's L'isle Joyeuse, which means "island of joy" when translated.


Debussy - L'isle Joyeuse

Not a bad interpretation of this piece :D



There are other pieces like La fille aux cheveux de lin (girl with the flaxen hair) and his children's corner series and and Sunken Cathedral and Preludes but I'll leave it at this for now.

Enjoy! :D

No comments: